Saturday, May 17, 2025

And now, jury duty!


 Ugh!  Third time I have been called for jury duty.  First time I was in my mid 30's I think.  Neither episode from before went all the way. Both were over before I had to serve.  The one was a big relief. The judge talked to us and said we didn't want to be serving on that case.  A man had abducted two young neighbor girls.  Yeah, I was really glad he took a plea bargain before that one went through. I probably would not have made it through the screening anyway.  

A friend informed me that we don't have to go if we are a certain age. I checked. I turn 65 end of this month and my jury duty is next month.  I can opt out.  Now, how do I get past the guilt?

2 comments:

messymimi said...

If you want to serve and have no other obligations which will be unmet, go. If you have other obligations and can opt out, opt out.

Peruby said...

Yeah, I agree. I was already pretty much set on going.