I ventured north to work on a family member's computer Friday. I hesitated because all three people in the house are over 75. And my county just went to a higher level this week. Sigh.
I am back home and staying home. I have no plans to leave for at least a week, I am hoping longer. I am going to try to do a job remotely. They want me to come to them on Friday the 30th. I have all this week to remote into their computers and get what I need to get done finished. I don't want to go there.
I don't want to go there even when there is no pandemic going on. They are what we call "End users who we need to hold their hand." Which basically translates to they can't do or think for themselves (as far as technology goes). Whether they can't or won't is debatable, but they do not move forward unless I go there and do it for them or walk them through it.
Next book up: "The Thursday Murder Club" by Richard Osman.
I may also start " Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis."
I want to stay home. I love to stay home. I don't need to socialize. Well, not much.

3 comments:
If the job can be done from home, i hope you get it finished and over and don't have to go.
While i am a tech dunce in many ways, if you can talk me through or can do it remotely on my computer, i'm perfectly glad to let you.
Also, i am willing to ask Mr. Google and try his solutions, or just dink around trying to figure things out for myself. As long as i don't tell the computer to erase everything on itself, i figure i can do some of my own exploring and figuring and learn how to do something on my own without causing too much damage.
the second wave is starting and in a pandemic it is usually the 2nd wave that kills the majority of people. You baby boomers are all going to die of corona-virus and finally the world will be able to make progress when you boomers are all dead
It is hard when you do not have a job and regular training for all the new stuff in computer technology. I am always struggling to learn stuff at home...a new interface...a new app. Right now Verizon wants me to set up a VPN for my phone and while they sent the link, I struggled for 30 minutes and put it aside for another day!!
Post a Comment