Totally. Drained. I awoke with a migraine this morning. I went to bed with this little nagging headache. I had a migraine last week also. Rats. I was having them so rarely, I thought - yay. When I got out of bed, I immediately took my sumatriptan and ibuprofen.
Now, I am drained. Completely void of any mental or physical energy. I am able to work but not exuberantly. If I ever did work exuberantly. I'm pretty sure I have. But certainly not today.
I always described a migraine or a post-migraine as feeling like a wet, limp dish rag. My Mom always used the thinnest dish rags she could find so she could fit her hand inside of glasses. After finishing the dishes, I would squeeze the water out of the dish rag and there was barely anything to the poor, wet thing.
I wanted to tell you about the book "Sonya". It was difficult starting out, but it picked up and I liked it later on. And, the old British show "Upstairs Downstairs". I am watching that - the 70's version.
But right now all I want to do is sleep. I may take the rest of the afternoon off from work and just do that. Except I took a vacation day tomorrow. You know that looks fishy when you do that and then take off sick the day or afternoon before a vacation day. Like you are starting your vacation early.
Not in this case. I really just want to sleep.
It could also be that I only had a half cup of coffee this morning instead of my usual 2 cups. That was all I could manage to drink.
Screw it. Screw what co-workers think. I'm going to bed.

5 comments:
the second wave is starting and in a pandemic it is usually the 2nd wave that kills the majority of people. You baby boomers are all going to die of corona-virus and finally the world will be able to make progress when you boomers are all dead
Praying you feel better, especially after some rest.
Anonymous - I needed that laugh today. Thank you. You may be right.
Hi greeat reading your blog
This is a great posst
Post a Comment