Wednesday, September 16, 2020

It won't stop!


 Omigosh! Some days I sit for long stretches, reading, watching a show, playing a game that is supposed to strengthen my memory palace. Nobody to talk to but the dogs, cat and beardie.

Then there is today. Big breath.  I had to test a circuit after hours - and then had to call it in for repair. The tech on the other end took

 longer than they usually do, so that pushed me back an hour.

Meanwhile, my sweet nephew said it has been 2 years and he needed to update me on all the home improvements he has been making on his house to get it ready to sell. It is beautiful, has me drooling. 

Then my daughter has to have a sleep study test but she has to be tested for the virus first. She just messaged me and told me she was scared. Oh dear. She now wants me to go with her while she is tested. I will because I am curious to see how it's done ( I mean I know it is a long Q-tip up the nose) and I know we won't get instant results. But she wants me to go (btw, she is 29). LOL!

I have tons of reading (online newspapers) to catch up on and I am juggling two books. And I want to watch another episode of the British comedy "As Time Goes By". It is great - the episodes are only 20 minutes or so each and each season only has 7 episodes! That sure beats the 22 or so episodes we were getting with TV shows here recently. The first season of The Beverly Hillbillies had 35 episodes. Nope - wait. Make that 36.  Information here:  http://epguides.com/   I have found about every TV show that has ever been on in this site. I am a big fan. (Of the site, not The Beverly Hillbillies - that sitcom lost it's lustre a long time ago).

So, I just get into my news about the fires out west and buzz, buzz - I have a new message. I know I can ignore it, but I had already held my nephew off for an hour while I was calling that circuit in. And my daughter is working - this may be her only free time. And she needs me. 


1 comment:

messymimi said...

You sound as busy as i am, it just never stops here, either.