I may have mentioned this chap before. This is a (younger) Jeremy Irons. He turned 72 on the 19th of this month. Brideshead Revisited was the first show I watched with Irons in it. I'm not sure if I fell in love with him or the English countryside. Ah - it was probably the voice. Of course.
Back in the early 80's we had 3 television channels. 4 if you didn't mind a fuzzy one. But one that came in clear as a bell was PBS. My Mom and I were looking for something to watch on Sunday afternoons, and we discovered this mini series.
I have Brideshead on DVD. Other shows I have liked with Irons in them were The Lion King (voice of Scar), Elizabeth I (a Lord and an Earl),and Die Hard with a Vengeance.
There are a lot of movies I have not watched. They just don't interest me. I think I watched some of Reversal of Fortune.
Other than a brief (less than a year) marriage in 1969, Irons has been married to Sinéad Cusak since 1978. It always pleases me when I see a relationship last through the years. Funny I say that because I am not keen on marriage. For myself, I don't care about others. They can do what they want.
But I am always pleased to see long term relationships. I don't know why. I guess if you think about it, I could see an actor who has been married four times because he didn't want to cheat on his spouse so he would make a break before or after he broke up with them. And was honest enough to tell them and then move on.
Or I could see somebody in a long-term relationship and for all I know one spouse cheated on the other several times or even just once but they remain together. I'm not sure which one would be worse. I guess in my 'rose-colored glasses world' I like to think that in the long term relationships - nobody cheated.
Sinéad.
To get the accent over the é, instead of typing the letter e, hold down the Alt key (on a PC) and using the number keypad type 130. Release both hands and the é should appear.
Hold Alt while typing 130.
Here is a neat one. §
Hold Alt key while typing 0167.
If you hold Alt and type only 167 you will get º
Hold Alt while typing 0169 © for the copyright symbol/character.
Alt key plus 169 will produce ⌐
Hold Alt while typing 0174 ® for the Registered trademark.
Alt key plus only 174 = «
Lookup up ASCII characters to see others. If confused by the charts, just remember to hold the Alt key down and if there are several columns for a symbol - use the Dec (decimal) one.
I am sorry but I am not an Apple person so I don't have any idea if it works on macs or not.
Writing this post I discovered that the Cusak Irons is married to is not related to the Amerian Cusaks. Which brings me to yet another favorite.... John Cusak.
I try not to read too much about the fellows in their real life habitat (articles) because rarely are they like the characters the play. (Of course, they are actors - I know that). But still.
I also try not to watch them on talk shows. I am not a big fan of talk shows so that isn't much of a problem.
Remember - Video Killed the Radio Star
You hear a song on the radio and you think - oh, that is a beautiful song so of course your brain thinks it must be a beautiful person singing it. Then music videos came out on televisions and your song comes on and you get to see the singer or the group and you go "Ewww....."

1 comment:
He certainly is easy on the eyes, and i wish him many happy returns of the day.
It would take me years to learn all of those symbols, i just find them on the internet and copy and paste them when i have to. Yes, i know, probably a lazy way, but it's all i know.
Post a Comment