Friday, June 09, 2017

Seeing the underbelly of the beast

I think my first exposure to B Cosby was listening to the album with my siblings to the "Noah, right!" comedy sketch. We roared. There was the "Fat Albert" cartoon, a few movies and his stand-up (or rather him sitting in a chair) routine. I loved him. He was very talented, made me laugh.

It just goes to show you that you cannot and should not think you "know" someone by watching them "act" on television. I recall watching a favorite actor on a talk show and have hated him ever since. He acted totally arrogant and like a buffoon. It begins to dawn on you that there is a lot of ugly in a lot of people.

B Cosby was (is) a great entertainer. If he is guilty of what a lot of women are claiming that he did, he sickens me to no end. I cannot imagine what his wife and daughters are going through. I wonder how many actors/actresses are also guilty of nefarious deeds and we just go on idolizing them. What a circus we have created with our celebrity worship.

Being a great actor/actress is one thing. Abusing your status to manipulate and use others for your own hedonistic pleasure is despicable.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Agreed. No matter how great you are at your craft, you have no business using power and postion to abuse other people.

Tabor said...

Many actors are great at their craft. Some seem so evil and when you see them interviewed you find that they are lovely people.