Books read: 1
Movie: Yet to be seen.
Bathroom remodeling: 0
Have a good friend in the hospital close to my home town. She is currently battling COPD with pneumonia. Horrible jolt of reality when visiting her. We laugh about the good times we have had.
I leave and wonder about smoking, about illness, about cancer, over eating, about diabetes, about life. I skip stopping to get slices of my favorite pizza on the way home.
6 comments:
Bad habits can catch up with us in a very ugly way as we hit later middle age. But by then it is a battle too easy to lose.
I do hope your friend is soon much better and can come home. COPD is a tough one. I lost a dear friend last year who refused to quit smoking after her diagnosis. Our habits do tend to bite us later on.
I hope the best for your friend. COPD is primarily a smoker's disease but modern medicine is doing a better job fighting these exacerbations.
SEE the movie!
The only people in my family who died too young and of something nasty were smokers. I wish the best for your friend.
It's difficult for the human mind to grasp the future repercussions when the present enjoyment is right in front of us. Hope your friend gets better, and that you go see the movie and it proves a fun diversion.
Post a Comment