Monday, February 23, 2015

Biggest fan

I do not promote dressing little girls up and showing them off. This is my great niece and she is in dance class. She has her own fan club - two younger brothers, mom and pop and my sister - the grand mother.

I can only imagine all the drama that goes on behind the scenes at these places. The hair spray, the make up the tears.

I loved the movie "Little Miss Sunshine".

Although I do not promote such activity, I also try not to judge. It is colorful - I like color. She does work hard and sacrifices a lot.

My absence from posting is not planned. I post for myself - when the spirit moves me. I guess I have not been moved much lately. I've had my mind on other things. Nothing rash - just puttering through life wondering if I am brave enough to make some changes.

Movie?  - Big Hero Six. Loved it. Very cute. Oh, I know what may be slowing me down with the posting. The kids joined Netflix and I joined Amazon Prime. We've been doing some marathon series watching.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Yes, the issue is everything in moderation. Those little shows can build self-confidence and do encourage physical activity...but they should be balanced with the other important things in life. Binge-watching is the same. "They" found it can be unhealthy to the mind...so every thing in moderation. She is cute, though, isn't she?

Grumpy said...

Binge watching is the greatest, even if it shortens my life. I watched all 64 episodes of Breaking Bad in 10 days.

messymimi said...

My mother made me take dance class, and we had a recital every year. It's fine if the kid is enjoying it, and it's not the main thing in life. The ones for whom pageants are their identity are the ones i feel for.

kden said...

I loved Little Miss Sunshine. I think dance classes are way different than the 'beauty pageants'. She looks cute.

Celia said...

As long as it's fun. My oldest grand-daughter was in ballet at age four and the pressure for performances was so serious she started throwing up before dance lessons. Her parents took her out. It's the only dance studion in a 100 miles so that was the end of that. She wasn't the only one.