Thursday, February 20, 2014
All four
This is a photo of what it looks like when I take my dogs outside. I stand on the back porch (as does my daughter, her boyfriend and now my sister when they take them out).
Once in a while they wander around the side of the house and out of site. I call them back. If they do not come back straight away, I go after them.
They scurry back.
Somebody called the dog warden on us. I got the call yesterday and I am unclear what day or date the caller was upset with my "menace to the neighborhood" dogs.
I spoke with my sister/daughter/her beau - they cannot recall an incident where the dogs wandered into a neighbor's yard, let alone "menaced" anyone.
My neighbors to the left have a dog. Two elderly ladies to the right never walk out of their apartments (the back faces us).
Almost all of my neighbors have dogs.
There are two fairly new neighbors but I have spoken and introduced myself to both and asked them to please let me know if my dogs ever bothered them.
Four is a lot of dogs to have without a fence. I did not want an ugly fence in my yard.
I have had Sable for over 10 years. The others I have had for five years. Never once has there been a complaint lodged against them and I basically use the same technique.
The dog warden had my cell phone number, also. I disconnected my land line years ago.
Now, are they able to get the cell phone number or did the caller give them my cell phone number? If the caller gave them my number then that sort of narrows it down to who I gave my cell phone number to.
It matters to me WHO called because I want to take extra special care that my dogs do not go near their property again. The yards just blend into each other.
If it is a pooping issue, give me time to be able to get through the ice and snow to get it all picked up. I don't think that is the issue because the two older ladies never come outside to the back of their apartments.
All others who have a dog have been great friends over the years.
Sigh. Whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Time may tell. Be patient and give everyone the benefit of the doubt--my post--until you know who made the complaint. You may need to consider a fence someday.
I would hate to have your dog food bills.
Did the complainer actually say they were "menacing". Sounds like somebody with an ax to grind.
Well, i hope it does get sorted, and quickly.
I guess I would be suspicious of the newest neighbors. You should be able to find out who complained, and then you can do some research of your own and determine if they have a history of complaining about dogs wherever they have lived. I know, I know, I sound paranoid, but I hate, hate, hate anonymous complaints that give you no chance to address them.
Post a Comment