I left this photo in the biggy-size in case you want to zoom in to see the texture of the flower itself. I have a lot of these this year. Whew. Even early this summer I was straining to see. See if I had any show of a sprout. Oh, they sprouted. How one plant can get so big after starting out smaller than my thumb is a wonder of nature.
The Datura inoxia is the closest I can come to guessing what species I have.
I have my family picnic today. I am so excited. I am not anxious (like I am when it is at my house). I refused to allow myself to go overboard this year. I am supplying the hamburgs, hot dogs, buns, calico beans and macaroni salad. On the side is a cooler of children's drink boxes, water, watermelon, table cloths, cups, plates, big pan spoons, utensils - stuff like that.
My older sister is bringing all cutlery and napkins. I think she is bringing the plates, so I'll just have a backup bunch.
So many did not r.s.v.p. but I hope they show anyway. I am 80% certain I have 25 showing up today. At the very least. I am hoping another ten come. Of course if another 25 show up - that is okay with me, too. I have 48 hamburgers and 48 hot dogs. I have one vegetarian. So everyone will get to eat - that is for sure.
I thought the Italians had the market cornered on feeding their friends and relatives, but I am giving them a good run for their money. As far as I know I don't have a drop of Italian blood in me. I am Austrian on my father's side. On my Mother's side I am a mix of English, Irish, Scott. I think. I have not read back in the genealogy files for a while. I must remedy that.
I have always focused on the Austrian part (since we found out we really weren't German) - Austria is so much more romantic. It is a beautiful country.

No comments:
Post a Comment