Thursday, May 09, 2013

Ta da!

I don't know guys. I am uncomfortable with this type of activity. My great niece is in this photo and of course she loves performing. She is a darling sweetie. She is only seven.

It just makes me feel uneasy. I never did care for this sort of exposure - ever. If that is what we can call it.

I have always found that little girls who participate in this sort of activity turn up shallow and treat others (who are not like them) with disdain and prejudice.

But, maybe that is just my experience.

4 comments:

Grumpy said...

Lots of little girls take dance lessons, no harm in that. I don't see the point of the make-up for kids that age.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I think dance can be beneficial....depending on the TYPE of dance being performed. I've seen some pretty racy performances by 7 and 8 year olds.....way out of line as far as I'm concerned.

Tabor said...

I think as long as she is raised with wisdom and has a variety of activities and realizes that beauty on the outside is superficial and on the inside is golden, she will be OK.

Anonymous said...

Every time i hear of little girls performing like this, I think of the Ramsey girl and her tragic end. I this this sort of thing can be over done.