Monday, March 18, 2013

Random

I picked a random photo out of my stash today. This one was taken at a lake about twenty miles from my town.

I am still progressing in the home improvement area. I had new gutters and downspouts put on my house. They forgot the patio, though. When he quoted me - we spoke of the patio. He said that was included. I will call today and we will see. Sigh. I do not believe I got his name. Let's see if they renege. That is what I am used to and expect from places like this. I have little faith and hope.

I called the city back. They said "Yes, they are coming back to grind the tree stumps."  I called because I honestly could not remember if that was their responsibility or mine. If it was mine, I wanted to get it done.

Next, is the leaky bathroom toilet. This is the water valve that is so old and rusted I cannot turn it any longer. I can hear water running when I am in the upstairs bathroom and it is driving me insane. I hope to hear from the plumber today.

Then, the sidewalk. Once the stumps are ground down - I will get a new sidewalk or repair the current one.

Then what? Oh, yeah. Pull up all the carpet on both sides of the basement and in the downstairs bathroom and have some sort of realistic flooring put in because in a bathroom and basement there is going to be the chance of water. Always! Carpet down there is just silly.

Who knows? Maybe I won't stop there. Maybe I'll re-do the upstairs bathroom. I have been wanting to for a long time. We have a window in the bathroom - so no shower upstairs. We have a tub, of course. But - pink fixtures. Sink, tub and toilet are pink. I can work with that. But the lady who owned the house before me. She added even more pink. The walls are pink with rose bouquets on them. Arrgghh! So much pink! It nauseates me. I will offset the pink with color that complements the pink fixtures - not compete with them.

4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

kden said...

Wow, way to leave a comment Steve.

That's quite an undertaking you've got there. It seems like when one job needs to be done, it either inspires or forces you to make other improvements. Hope your headaches stay at bay through all of this.

Celia said...

Thanks for stopping by Peruby. That's quite a project you have going there. I remember having to wait until fall for my now not so new gutters, at least they beat the rain. Birthday wishes to your brother ;-)

Tabor said...

Yeah, Steve also stopped by my blog with the same cryptic comment...it seems he is a Christian...a Christian of few words. Projects always seem good in the spring and an exhausting process by fall.