Friday, March 22, 2013

A new Grandma

Sister 1956 with her darling first grandchild.

My sister has waited a long time for a little girl. She always was ready to watch my daughter for me when she was little and now she has a baby girl of her own. She had her son in 1978 and he has become a father for the first time. To say she is ecstatic would be an  understatement. She deserves every nanosecond of this bliss.

More than 20 family members are gathering for dinner tomorrow night. (Not counting wee ones). Sadly the wee one pictured above will not be able to make it - she is also a "first" grandchild on the Mommy's side and has relatives coming in from out of state to meet her.

I gave the restaurant warning. I asked, but they are not going to open up the back dining room for us, so we will be placed out in the middle of the regular dining area. The poor people around us - because we are a loud group. I will take cake. Maybe balloons. We have 8 (or is it 9) birthdays in March. I need to charge the camera battery.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Have fun! Don't worry about the restaurant...they got their warning.

Celia said...

Congrats on your sweet girl. Have a good time at your dinner party.

Terri said...

So glad I found your blog...started in March 2013 and got so hooked that now I'm starting at the beginning and loving every minute of it..thank you so much for the share

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Peruby said...

All - we did have a wonderful time. Thank-you.

Terri - ooh, that's a lot of reading. Thanks for the compliment!