Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Sweet Jasper

My cat, Jasper is in the hospital. I came home from work Wed. and saw little bloody cat paw prints all over my kitchen floor. I remember when I got out of the shower that morning he was sitting on the bath mat waiting for me. Our other cat, Mr. Tibbs was about four feet away and I thought they were dueling. Jasper can fight, but he prefers to walk away.

The vet was closing when I called Wed. He was walking around and drinking water so I made the first appointment I could on Thursday morning. The vet said it was his bladder. He was urinating blood. She said she would have to empty the bladder asap. She would leave a catheter in for two days and if he peed on his own the third day I could take him home.

She said it was serious.

6 comments:

Grumpy said...

So sorry to hear this. I sometimes think I worry more about our pet's health than our own.

Hoping Jasper recovers soon.

Kari in Alaska said...

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

Ralph said...

Hope Jasper makes a speedy recovery.
Ralph

robin michelle said...

Oh I'm so sorry about that. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and Jasper. Take care.

Dexter said...

That is so scary and it does sound serious. I hope that the vet can make things right and your Jasper will be home soon.

Mango Momma

Cheyenne said...

Here's to a speedy recovery and many prayers from this side of the country.
I get upset more when a pet is sick than I do a human. Well, some humans.