Monday, November 28, 2011

My mama told me....

...stop your complainin' at least you have... or don't have...

Yep. My mama's wisdom came through Thanksgiving day. My older brother told  me a story of a friend who had broken both arms and had to have his family do everything  for him.

I gave myself a mental shake. I had both legs, I had both arms, I had both eyes and ears. My mama's voice resonated "Quit complainin'."

I had very little trouble making the booties. I had very little trouble tying the bows. I cut some corners here and there (did not need the glue gun) and the busy, crazy week-end is over.

Back to work today. Pouring buckets outside (which could be the reason I am so sore all over). Talking to sisters yesterday - they are having the same pain issues I am.

We had a lot of laughs, a lot of good food and then passed around the Advil.

Thank-you, Mom. I love you and I miss you.

1 comment:

kden said...

Cute booties! Yea sometimes those mommyisms sure come through loud and clear.