
This huge dog came to visit on Monday. She belongs to my daughter's on again/off again boyfriend. We were cleaning and she didn't help much. He was a big help. We have moved furniture around in my daughter's bedroom to make room for her new bed. My brother is coming to take away some older furniture tomorrow but until then we have to walk/work/live around it. Ugh. I've stubbed my toe more times than I care to count. Ouch.
My daughter and a bunch of her friends went to a hip/hop dance club Monday night (after midnight so my daughter could get in). I was worried. I am glad I did not look at the site before they went, I would have been a basket case. It looks positively wild. They had a blast. They had one big dude with them (the rest were girls). I shook my head in utter disbelief. I told them to be careful. They were all 18. They went to IHOP afterwards.
They had plenty of stories to tell me the next day (thankfully, nothing bad happened). I am hoping they got this out of their system and will stay closer to home, but I doubt it. By the sound of it they had a great time and there is nothing around here. Nothing.
There are more blankets and sheets to wash. The cats have shed all over stuff in the basement. This is probably as close to spring cleaning as I ever get.
::Movie Spoiler Alert!::
There are more blankets and sheets to wash. The cats have shed all over stuff in the basement. This is probably as close to spring cleaning as I ever get.
::Movie Spoiler Alert!::
Oh, I almost forgot. I watched 'Burn After Reading'. What? Who? Why? What were they thinking? Who in their right mind would write it? And why would any self-respecting actor be a part of it? I found out that McDormand is married to the writer/director so she has to be involved by proxy, I guess. I have to give Pitt a little bit of credit here for playing a character I'd not ever seen him play before. He played a dolt. He pulled it off okay, I guess. Malkovich was his usual crass self. Jenkins played his usual sad sack. And, I truly believe that Clooney is Middle Eastern. I think his acting is just ridiculous. I don't know. I guess I don't watch them in movies enough to know if they stretched their acting range or not. I was absolutely nauseated by the entire thing. And, half the time I wasn't sure which basement they were breaking into. And who left the CD at the club was a mystery for half of the movie.
I also watched 'Milk'. I could have read about the incident and got just as much out of the story. Which I did read up on it after the movie. I would have liked the movie to have focused a little bit more on the reasoning behind White's motive for shooting Milk and the mayor. Why was White so angry with them? After I read their stories on wikipedia it made more sense to me.
I also watched 'Milk'. I could have read about the incident and got just as much out of the story. Which I did read up on it after the movie. I would have liked the movie to have focused a little bit more on the reasoning behind White's motive for shooting Milk and the mayor. Why was White so angry with them? After I read their stories on wikipedia it made more sense to me.
1 comment:
Teenagers...they will make your hair gray. I am glad I do not have any at this time.
Post a Comment