
My sister and I went to visit another sister on Saturday. The one in prison. We had never been before. We went to my nephew's house the night before so we could get an early start. We had a GPS but still managed to get turned around a couple of times. We arrived at 9:40. The guards would not let us enter. We needed to be there by 9:30. (I do recall the day I made the reservation they said we needed to be there by 10:30) but do you think that the guards cared? Not one iota. Did they care that we had travelled so far? You guessed it. No they did not.
We turned around and said that we would probably laugh about it one day.
We could not get word to my sister. She called me at home later that evening and I was able to explain what happened. She said "That is typical for that place."
Sigh. We will try again. It took me about 70 phone calls before I could get through the last time.
2 comments:
I am so sorry. What a terrible day. I am sure you had many strange thoughts about visiting her to begin with and then to face such a cold system! Guess that is what breaking the law is all about.
Wow, that really sucks big time. So very frustrating.
Post a Comment