Sunday, January 27, 2008

Just another gray day


Photo taken last year

A tire swing sits idle in the snowy quiet of Coshocton county. Pulled from my archives taken in February 2007. Not much different today. Had some snowy, slick roads I found myself driving in last night. I stayed indoors today.

Even when a lot of my friends have quit smoking, just two or three who still smoke can fill up a room and poison the atmosphere. My eyes stung like somebody had shoved hot pokers in them and then to drive home on snow covered roads where I couldn't see the lane lines made for a miserable journey. Ugh. My eyes still sting.

The snow days have spoiled me as far as driving goes. As the years (dare I say decades) go by, I find my night vision dimming a great deal. I always did have trouble driving in the rain at night. My eyes seem to be sensitive to headlights on cars and the glare they give off on the wet highway. I suppose I need to pay attention to the weather a bit more and not catch myself out driving after dark in precipitation. I hate limitations of this sort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, as we get older it seems everything diminishes at least a little. I just love your archival photo. It tells such a story!!

Tabor

Peruby said...

Everything diminishes, but pant size! Yikes!