
It was time
When a school is under construction the first thing they ask you to do is to wear a hardhat. I have been to about a half dozen schools under construction in my 12 years with my work. In the past two weeks I have been to one school district under construction at least 6 times. There are not enough hardhats to go around. Most of the folks bring their own, as I was so rudely told by a gruff worker.
The secretary quipped "Oh, you won't need one. I don't wear one! It would mess up my hair." I figured I'd only be there a time or two. That turned into six. The secretary sits in an office away from the construction. I walk the halls. Oh, the custodians aren't wearing hardhats, either. Workers are welding, pounding, painting, hauling and driving little machines around all over. Once I had to walk under some guy drilling concrete blocks apart at the top of a wall. I was nervous to say the least. Each time they told me, "there are no hardhats".
Today the superintendent of the school was giving a tour. They were all wearing hardhats. He saw me. He was nice about it, but I know that I needed to wear one. I've just never had to bring my own, before. I can probably forget work reimbursing me. I'd have to justify it to the Treasurer of the organization. Needless to say it isn't worth the $7 dollars to argue with her.
For my own personal safety, I got the hat. Since they are few and far between, I made mine personal with flower bathtub appliques. There are about 50 guys on site and two women workers, not counting me. I don't think I will have any problem losing my hat. Do you?
For my own personal safety, I got the hat. Since they are few and far between, I made mine personal with flower bathtub appliques. There are about 50 guys on site and two women workers, not counting me. I don't think I will have any problem losing my hat. Do you?
I've started a new place to post my pictures. We'll see how long they let me upload before they tell me that I have reached my limit in storage, or that I must purchase something in order to keep my album open. I don't have near as many photos as I did, but the link is on my sidebar. Can you believe Peruby was already taken? I probably did it a couple of years ago and forgot about it. I've been known to do that from time to time.
No comments:
Post a Comment