Went to the park yesterday to visit with some family. We had a small (quickly threw together) picnic. One of the little ones dropped their sandwich and this squirrel grabbed the piece of bun. And this is how s/he at it. Stretched out upside-down on a tree. We think s/he was showing off.
The weather was beautiful yesterday. Currently our weather for one week can be summed up as such: run the furnace for 3 days, run the A/C for two days and two days open the windows.
Books:
Hell's Princess by Harold Schechter. Non-fiction. True story about female serial killer in Indiana in late 1800's early 1900's.
Before She Was Helen by Caroline B Cooney. Fiction. I actually enjoyed this one. The writing style.
Blood and Money by Thomas Thompson. More non-fiction about a socialite from Texas possibly murdered by her doctor husband.
And, The Babysitter by Liza Rodman. True story of a young girl who hung out with a motel handyman during the summer breaks between school and it was discovered that he was a serial killer of young women in the Cape Cod area.
Update on the water turtle. Discovered her shell "pyramiding" (not sure of the spelling there). Anyway, the shell begins to lift and separate from the body because the turtle is getting too fat. Uh oh. Perubee hangs her head in shame. It was only greens for crying out loud! Some apple, carrots, greens, squash, lots of blueberries....How can she get fat from that? So, I have to sit at my computer and watch her "beg" for food. I give her two tiny pieces of vegetable or fruit a day, now. It's hard.
On the other hand - the beardie is eating his greens more than the squash and carrots. I guess their tastes change like ours. The fun thing is -- it is dandelion season. The bearded dragon loves the flower part of the dandelion. I've tried to get him to eat the greens, but he does not. We do not treat our lawn with any pesticides. Once I rinsed the flowers off but they drooped and looked all wilted and he didn't eat them. When I put them in there when they are nice, plump and yellow he goes right for them.

2 comments:
The "between seasons," fall and spring, can have some funny weather, hot one day, cold the next.
Good luck keeping your turtle on a diet. Like you, i didn't know they could get fat. Maybe it's the fruit, they might need that only in small amounts.
I did not know that about turtles but I am glad that you did. Sometimes we are not helping as much as we hoped!
Post a Comment