I think most people like cake. Some are either a cake person or an icing person. I am an icing person. I eat the icing and leave the cake.
I went to a party yesterday for a one year old. The parents did the traditional act where they give the little baby an entire little cake to devour or smash or throw or wear as they wish.
Then they clean her up and finish the party. Me? I'd save the cake smashing/wearing for last.
The icing was MUCH too sweet even for my taste. Whew!
I watched the movie "The Railway Man". It was hard to get into it at first. So boring. I am NOT a fan of Kidman or Firth. Both fine actors but YUCK! Something about them makes me cringe. Fortunately, a lot of the film was set "back in time" when Firth's character was young and a prisoner of war.
Based on a true story, the tale depicts how this man survived (barely) the torturous beatings and actions of the Japanese army only to meet his enemy forty-some years later. His life was full of misery as he re-lived his beatings almost daily and suffered severely what is now known as post traumatic stress syndrome. He discovered that the Japanese officer was giving tours at the place he was held captive - now a museum of sorts. He sets out to confront the man.
Nobody knows what they would do given the same circumstances. Do you torture them? Do you kill them? Do you forgive them?

3 comments:
I'm a cake person, always my go-to dessert. Hubby likes pie; can't we agree on anything, ha. Over the weekend we saw 'A Million Ways To Die In The West'. Loved it and would see it again.
We used to strip the baby to a diaper, sit him or her on the concrete outdoors, and let the child have at it. It's always fun for them and us.
Back when sugar was still my drug of choice, i would eat the cake first to get it out of the way, and i would have been happy with a cake that was nothing but icing.
A cookie person. Eat cake if it is moist and full of flavor, but prefer not a huge amount of frosting. Never heard or saw the movie and not sure what this issue is with giving a child a whole cake...maybe a cupcake with one candle?
Post a Comment