Tuesday, June 05, 2012

I'm back in the saddle

This festival of hippies? You can have it. I was not impressed.  Quite the opposite, in fact.

The wedding was wonderful.

I am just posting a few sentences because I had a massive four day migraine hit and am just now able to function thanks to First Care and tramadol HCL.  No thanks to my doctor's office who would not see me until 10:30 tomorrow morning. Boo!

I have been a patient for over ten years. Maybe four or five times have I called in those ten years asking to be seen right away due to some pain or ailment. I think they could have done better.

My migraine was not responding to any Imitrex or Advil that I would throw at it. I had a thunderclap episode that I have had before but not as severe. It was followed by severe vomiting and a massive migraine. It scared the bejesus out of my daughter. I was beside myself with pain. It was 1:30 a.m.

I am stubborn about going to the ER.

I will post more about the event when I am feeling better. The highlights for me were the people who brought their dogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a Thunderclap episode. I had migraines and it felt like the side of my head was going to blow out. I never found anything that would give relief. I'd get noxious and finally sleep it off. Good luck.

Tabor said...

Go to the ER the next time this happens!!! You know that you can have a stroke!

Peruby said...

Bill - there is great medicine for them, now. sumatriptan.

Peruby said...

Tabor - Oh, I know. I came very close to going...I just hate the idea.

Doctor checked me out today. No scans necessary. She gave me prednisone to shrink any swelling and I have a new migraine medicine - treximet.