Friday, July 23, 2010

Heat

Here is Teton busy trying to grab the wrist strap to my camera.

I am blaming it all on the heat. The heat is making everybody crazy. I went out to walk the dogs this morning and it hit me like an oven. Once we got out and about there is a breeze blowing. That helps. We went our usual route. We rounded a corner and I heard a funny sound. I stopped. It was the Boxer growling! He has never growled before. A deep very soft growl.

I quickly looked around. What in the world would make this massive animal growl? Is it a bear? A deer? A huge dog? All I could see was the street department cones and a flashing battery operated light on top of a street sign where they had dug up the pavement to put in a new home's sewage drain pipe.

Ack! That was it! He was afraid of the traffic cones and the flashing light. I talked softly to him and walked him over to the area and he finally came forward and sniffed the cones and the sign and then he was no longer afraid of them.

Then we went on our merry way.

Sigh. To the showers to cool down!

3 comments:

Grumpy said...

If it's still dark when I take our dog out in the morning, she is afraid of my shadow cast by the street light.

Twin City Joan said...

Sounds like you fit the person described in the "Lost Dr. Seuss Poem". Understandable under the circumstances. Since I can't copy it in, I will send a link. It was a great day brightener for me at times.
www.funpages.com/lovemyjob/ I hope it will be for you. I liked it so much, I made a copy and have it stored in my permanent file. Always good for a laugh.

Tabor said...

Maybe the boxer has eye issues? That was so nice of you to ease his fears! This heat, ack!!!