
Had the teeth cleaned today. I hate having that done. Long before I had dental insurance and I didn't ever go to the dentist (except for when I was in pain) I never had them cleaned. Since my present job I've had it done every six months for years. It is easier now because I take better care of them. The fluoride treatment just gags me. Today it was easier. I just set my mind to it.
In the waiting room I chatted with an older lady. She wore plum purple pants and a light blue jacket. She tied an orange, red and yellow silk scarf over her white/gray hair. She was waiting for her son to pick her up. She said that she recently had to change to this dentist because he was closer. Since there were 3 dentists in the office, I asked her which one. She named the same one I have and then she said "The girl did all the work. The man didn't do anything at all. What a setup he has!" She looked kind of surprised.
She added, "It wasn't cheap, either. One hundred and seven dollars!" She said her medicare didn't cover dental work. I told her my Mom had long ago had all her teeth pulled out and I never knew her to have teeth. She said an older Aunt of hers was that way.
My Mom ate everything, too. She even ate peanuts. She gummed them to death. We did get her dentures in the 80's but the gums had hardened by then. She stopped going to the dentist when our dad accused her of having an affair with the dentist. He was a genuine a-hole. I won't elaborate.
My gums itch a little bit after their cleaning. I want to get my toothbrush and scrub away but that will cause bleeding and they will hurt like the dickens the next time I go to brush them, so I won't.
And I have a very painful stye in my eye. There is no redness so it must be inside. It itches and hurts. I need to go and put a warm compress on it now. I am so glad today is over.
She added, "It wasn't cheap, either. One hundred and seven dollars!" She said her medicare didn't cover dental work. I told her my Mom had long ago had all her teeth pulled out and I never knew her to have teeth. She said an older Aunt of hers was that way.
My Mom ate everything, too. She even ate peanuts. She gummed them to death. We did get her dentures in the 80's but the gums had hardened by then. She stopped going to the dentist when our dad accused her of having an affair with the dentist. He was a genuine a-hole. I won't elaborate.
My gums itch a little bit after their cleaning. I want to get my toothbrush and scrub away but that will cause bleeding and they will hurt like the dickens the next time I go to brush them, so I won't.
And I have a very painful stye in my eye. There is no redness so it must be inside. It itches and hurts. I need to go and put a warm compress on it now. I am so glad today is over.
3 comments:
My dentist only checks my mouth out after the hygienist is all done doing the hard work. Yeah, they do have it made in the shade.
I hate the floride treatment as well. My old dentist used a liquid and this new dentist uses a gagging foam. My next visit is in a few months...
The girls do all the "maintenance" work on me, too. I don't know if I could be that close to people's mouths.
The gagging foam - that revolts me. I skip it most of the time.
Post a Comment