Monday, September 14, 2026

70


 Sister 1956 turned 70 on the 9th.  Family met at a Mexican restaurant in our usual "central" town.  I don't think anybody had to drive more than an hour.  I was late as I was picking up my daughter from work (she still can't drive because of her broken ankle).  I brought the cake.  There is a cake store in our town that has been around since.....1950. I had to go look it up.  Delicious.  I had them ice it with a tie-dye theme.  I need to reach out to a sibling who took a picture of the cake.

The cake from our bakery in town is SO good I would eat it non-stop.  Well, I'd eat the icing non stop.  I refused to bring any home with me.  Daughter doesn't care for it.  Me?  I would request to be buried in the icing if I could.  Either that or a cheesecake (white chocolate raspberry) that a lady near our town makes.  She has about 20 different flavors for her cheesecakes and sells them to SO many restaurants in the area.  We are close to an Amish community and all of the restaurants (tourist attractions) carry her cakes.  A whole one is pricey but so worth it.  They are SO heavy.  One time on Facebook she posted a quick reel of her kitchen.  She had about six Kitchen-Aid mixers going all spread out on her counters.  Her husband helps her.

I stopped in at a dollar store and found a headband (crown) for her to wear.  It was close to the one shown above although hers had gold balls.  This sister does like disco balls though.  She had a big one on her patio for years.  

Brother 1957 turns 70 next year.  They are Irish twins. She was born Sept 9th 1956 and he was born Aug 13th 1957.  Not sure what to plan for him.  Still have plenty of time to plan.  

I had to miss a friend's birthday dinner tonight (I was picking up daughter at the same time as the dinner).  I gave my daughter the option of going to the dinner with me, but she wanted to get home (her work days are long and stressful).  The restaurant was about 12 minutes away.  I've been friends with this group since 1988 so we have had several get togethers.  I don't miss many.  My main excuse used to be migraines but I no longer have those.  Whew!


No comments: