Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Getting Big


 Two in the nest out of four eggs.  I believe I saw three that hatched but I think they get pushed out to make room.  Unless there is one underneath the other two.  I still won't look at the bottom of this bush the nest is in.  If they fell out, I don't want to see them.

Quick update on daughter.  New job said they would wait a month for her to recover.  Surgery is the 10th of July.  Crutches hurt under the arms (I already knew this but I've never had to use them).  Helping her yesterday I accidentally banged her broken leg three times.  I thought it was only two but she said it was three.  Today I didn't bang it at all but the darn dog jumped on it. She can move it a lot more today.

4 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Such good news!! You can take hand towels and make cushions on the top of the crutch to save your under arms. I did that after my knee surgery. We cut and then used duct tape and taped it all on the bottom so no one could see it. It helped.

messymimi said...

They should show her how to use the crutches properly, you don't put them all the way under the arms (in the armpits) but against your side well below that. They still aren't easy, I remember.

I pray she recovers quickly and well and can get to that job.

Peruby said...

Her husband quickly did this for her.

Peruby said...

I'll see if she will do that today. Thanks.