I think I have only been prescribed an inhaler about four times in the past 30 years or so. I always forget how to use them. I was reading the instructions and it was telling me to prime the device. I kept trying but I never saw any mist. Meanwhile, the count ticker kept going down. Finally, I moved on to the next step. It was then the instructions informed me that I had to turn the device upside-down to inhale. Why the hell didn't they tell me that I needed to do that to prime it? I was spraying it like a room deodorizer.
I am sick. Very sick. Not been this sick in years. My cough is so bad I choke and can't breathe. I had a follow up appointment at my doctor's office when this cough first began. She prescribed Tessala pearls. They did absolutely nothing and my cough became much worse. I texted my doctor and she then prescribed an inhaler and prednisone. That was last week. I can't sleep. Of course the holiday messed things up and I can't text the doctor any longer. It is all I can do to talk my daughter out of making me go to stat care. I don't want to go to stat care.
If I am not coughing, I am fine. I can do anything (a bit tired, but that is every day all year long for me any more) that I normally do. For some reason I don't feel like they want to prescribe an antibiotic. Which is fine by me but I keep hearing others are getting better a lot quicker with their scripts of an antibiotic. It's like my doctor and her associates just came back from a "How antibiotics are harming the human race" seminar or something.
Giving thanks. I am thankful that I have the ability to tell family that I choose NOT to go anywhere for Thanksgiving dinner. I come from a super large family and I've had so many dinners and get togethers to last me 10 lifetimes. I ate chicken noodle soup on bird day. The prednisone is making me super hungry but I have not been grocery shopping in ages so I am working with canned food. I usually fix a turkey dinner on Friday or Saturday or even Sunday because I do like the traditional meal that is normally served during the holiday. Not this year. I have not seen a grocery store in over 2 weeks. I've not left the house in a full week.
I did want to go to calling hours this evening. A good friend of mine's husband passed. I met him once or twice. She is one of the ladies I worked with 40 years ago and we still try to get together once a month or every other month. I called her and gave her my condolences and let her know I was unable to make it but wanted to visit her soon and wanted some good husband stories.

1 comment:
I'm sorry you are feeling so sick and hope the inhaler and prednisone help soon, or the doctor gives in and prescribes the antibiotic if it's needed.
I can't say I blame you for opting out of all the getting together. Maybe chicken soup is better for what ails you anyway.
Post a Comment