Sunday, July 20, 2025

The Downstairs Bathroom


 A new shower/stall (not shown) and vanity in the downstairs bathroom.  I let my daughter and her husband choose everything since they are the ones using it.  I could care less.  I have my upstairs bathroom which I plan to tackle next.  As soon as my bruised wallet recovers.  The only thing they did was paint the walls.  We had a guy and his helper do the rest.  My daughter said it was funny (depending on how you look at it) but the older guy (in charge) was really tough on the younger one.  We don't know if that was his son or just somebody he hired.

I am very happy with their work.  Unfortunately, the "guy" said his wife put her foot down and he now needs to get his stuff done around their house so he won't be available for about a year.  I figured "That might be how long it takes my wallet to recover"  - LOL!  Not really.  I just wasn't sure if he never wants to do any work for me again (you never know) or if he really is behind in his remodeling at home.

Actually, I need a new roof.  I'm leaning towards the new metal ones that everybody is getting these days. My house is dark gray and I told my daughter, "Shoot. They don't have the roof metal in purple."  LOL!  Okay, I'll probably go with the medium blue.  I'm thinking I might be able to save up and get it Spring 2026.  New furnace/AC - 2024.  Remodel downstairs bathroom - 2025. New roof - 2026.  Maybe my bathroom 2027?  My problem is I can't seem to make my mind up about colors.  I'm more or less one of those people who somebody says "Here you go. Your bathroom will be this color." And I work with it.

1 comment:

messymimi said...

I'd want purple, too. Anyway, I'm glad the bathroom is done and yes, men who work on other people's homes are perpetually behind on their own, just as shoemaker's wives go barefoot. We have a contractor friend and you should see his house, then again, no you shouldn't!