I'm looking at the above color/theme for my kitchen. Trying to stay busy and not feel guilty about not working. My last day was one year ago in mid-March. However I was paid until June 30th and that was my actual retirement date.
I guess I'm too depressed to say anything about the state of the nation. I try not to read too much of the news because I get anxious. I already can't sleep well.
This is the year I get to start Medicare. I am bombarded with paperwork. Again. Nobody said retirement was so much paperwork. Sheesh. Non stop.
I usually get into a baking mood around October. Since I was retired this year, I did a bit more than I normally do. My son-in-law and daughter gave me a stand mixer. I hated to tell them by the time I got it, I was kind of out of the phase. Our favorite cookie this year (or mine, anyway) was white chocolate chip with craisins and white chocolate chip with maraschino cherries. Sorry, no pictures. No...wait. I did get pics of the white chocolate craisin ones:


3 comments:
I am deeply concerned about the state of our world. Baking cookies would help until I ate them and then neither I nor my doctor would be happy.
Oh the Medicare comment hit home. I was alarmed when I first started this retirement journey. I didn't realize I still had to pay for all my medical. I didn't realize that Medicare took money from me to go with the medical benefit plan I choose. Geez I was stupid. Who knows how long we'll even have Medicare. I assume if Mango Mussolini takes it away as he has said I will be living in a box under a bridge. Those cookies sound wonderful!
I too have decided that avoiding the news is best for my mental health.
Post a Comment