Monday, January 18, 2021

Lost Closet


 I have Monday (MLK day) off from work.  Guess what I get to do?  I call it a lost closet.  My daughter will be 30 this year.  My niece moved out over 10 years ago. My nephew married about 7 years ago and sometime after that I stopped celebrating Christmas.  

The dumpster outside is empty. This closet is full.  Can I overcome nostalgia? Will my back hold out?

4 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Go for it and be careful of that back.

messymimi said...

Make a first pass, come back to it later if you have to. Your back is more important.

Good luck!

Tabor said...

Read some of the information on letting go of stuff. Much of it is helpful. If you really have a memory but do not use it, take a photo and then toss it.

Peruby said...

Filled up another dumpster. Of all of that you see in the closet, I kept one small tote full of stuff (family photos and a few treasured Christmas decorations - baby's first, stuff like that). Feels good! My out of work, strong nephew came to help me. He and my daughter's strong boyfriend carries me stuff, I go through the box - move stuff to box of "keep" and box of "pitch", he takes the pitch box and throws it in the dumpster. We may even need another one!