Sunday, December 20, 2020

Sweed


 One of the quirks of watching your favorite Christmas movies over and over again each year, is you start to pay attention and research the little things. One of my favorite scenes in "A Christmas Story 1983) is when the neighbors join in while Ralph's father (Old Man Parker) is checking out his prize leg lamp in the window of his living room.

I turned closed-caption on so I could get it right. The above character is Sweed. (I would have spelled it Swede, but whatever).  He says "Damn hell, you won it, you say?"

Trivia:  He is Bob Clark - the director of the movie.

What is your favorite Christmas movie?  Mine is "Christmas with the Kranks 2004." based on the novel "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

You really have learned that movie well!

Tabor said...

Not sure I have a favorite but my grandkids like the Polar Express.

Peruby said...

The talent of Tom Hanks continues to amaze me.