Monday, July 07, 2014

Too much water

This is the little neighbor boy playing in some standing water between my house and his. He is three years old and I grabbed this photo opportunity hidden behind my front door. As soon as he sees me he comes over and he is stuck to me like glue. Sigh.

Anyway, their basement wall caved in that night. This side of it. There was a crew that began working on water proofing their basement on Monday. The wall fell in on Wednesday (heavy rains on top of this water already standing and no place to go).  Fortunately, for my neighbor the crew that is water proofing the basement will pay for all damages.

Today there is a huge mountain of dirt that divides our houses. And yellow caution tape. I joked with my neighbor after calling my dogs back away from the cave-in. "Now if a couple of dogs go missing when this mess is finished, I wouldn't mind a bit.  Nor, a couple of cats."

They laughed. I wasn't kidding. Oh come on! Yes, I was. Just kidding. ;)

4 comments:

Celia said...

Sticks to you like glue eh, kids have good radar for the good hearted. LOL.

messymimi said...

There are those days when the idea of a few of ours disappearing would almost tempt me, too! Not really, but almost.

Kat said...

The wall caved in! YIKES! What a nightmare. This rainy summer is wrecking me but at least our basement wall hasn't caved in. Egad!

Little neighbor boys are cute until they are stuck to you like glue. Big sigh. ;)

bill said...

Watch the kids around that hole. Little people have been known to disappear around one of those things.