
I still think a better name for her is Scruffy. She likes to sleep in a cubby hole just off the basement steps. It is where I kept the two pet carriers. Minus one. Maybe she figures if she sleeps in the place that belonged to the other pet carrier, I couldn't put her back into it. I saw she was sleeping there on the hard wood, took pity on her and gave her an old throw blanket I had in the basement.
Her eyes are NOT two different colors. It is just the way the camera picked it up.
My daughter called me crying today. She was trying to break up with her boyfriend. I came home an hour later to find that they had made up. Great. I thought that maybe things were improving. I want her to move on. Not today.
I went to the grocery store. I stood in line at the deli wanting some turkey breast for sandwiches. It was my first purchase. One deli worker was at the other end of the deli serving hot food to a customer. It appeared to me as if the other deli worker was having problems with his girlfriend. I could see her standing in the doorway talking to somebody. Another employee of the grocery store came up and I heard him ask the one deli worker where her help was. She yanked her head towards the door where the one stood talking to his now very upset girlfriend.
Then the deli worker served the other employee. That was enough for me. I walked out of the store without purchasing a thing. I had waited about ten minutes. Not even an acknowledgement from anyone saying that they saw me and would be with me shortly. Nobody yelling to the errant deli worker to get his butt back to work. Hey, maybe it was a girl deli worker. I didn't actually see the person behind the door....
And since I was early getting back home, I caught my daughter's boyfriend in the house when I wasn't home. (I had chased him out of the house when I left). They were eating bagels. My daughter said "I was feeding him. He was hungry."
I went up to his face and I said "Maybe I am not getting through to my daughter, but I am going to tell you that you are NOT to be in my house when I am not home. If I catch you in my house again when I am not at home, you will never see her (and I pointed to my daughter) AGAIN! Got it?!"
He mumbled "Yeah" and hi-tailed it out the door. Hey - I didn't get my turkey breast. If I ain't happy - ain't nobody happy!
And since I was early getting back home, I caught my daughter's boyfriend in the house when I wasn't home. (I had chased him out of the house when I left). They were eating bagels. My daughter said "I was feeding him. He was hungry."
I went up to his face and I said "Maybe I am not getting through to my daughter, but I am going to tell you that you are NOT to be in my house when I am not home. If I catch you in my house again when I am not at home, you will never see her (and I pointed to my daughter) AGAIN! Got it?!"
He mumbled "Yeah" and hi-tailed it out the door. Hey - I didn't get my turkey breast. If I ain't happy - ain't nobody happy!
3 comments:
God bless little "Scruffy." If only children were like our pets. It would be a perfect world. Thank goodness mine is all grown up.
You were absolutely right in confronting the boyfriend. It is your house and you set the rules and he has to follow them as well as her. I am sure you would be much happier if she was dating other guys. Put the fear of god into those hormone-ridden pimply-faced temporarily insane high-schoolers!
I spoil my little kitties too, they all have their own little sleep-spots :)
Post a Comment