I have mentioned before that I am a "Hard Sell." I am very skeptical. I see something on T.V. and I say "It doesn't work like that!" More or less trying to convince my daughter not to fall for any sale pitch.At a friend's house I had the chance to use the above can opener. I ran out and bought one. So much for my wisdom, eh? It works differently than any other opener I have owned. It removes the entire rim from the can. I sit the opener on top of the can and push the big black button. It starts itself, it moves itself and it stops itself. I found out at my friend's house not to even bother touching it until it stops itself. I tried to stop it and it would not let go of the lid. Now, I just push the button and forget about it until it stops. I pick the opener up with the lid and it drops the lid.
The can is a little funky afterwards though. It loses it's shape a bit without the rim of the lid. It is kind of cardboardy and wobbly. I think that it promises no sharp edges, but I have not tested it yet. I am still a newbie with it.
Dinner tonight: Tuna Noodle casserole. No peas. What the heck?
6 comments:
I love the innovation of these can openers where the whole lid comes off just like it was sealed at the factory. I have been using a Krups electric one (I am on my second one) for years. The one I have now is making weird noises so I have a Gizmo (electric also) on standby. I was going to get one like yours, but don't they take batteries? I think that is what turned me away from it. They are a wonderful idea though.
Yes, it does use 2 double-AA batteries. :(
I buy batteries by the bulk. Ugh.
I am going to check out the Krups.
HI, I came via Shephard's. As a feeder of many cats this is pretty interesting, and I just happened to see these at Walgreens the other day - I think I'll pick one now, thanks!
That reminds me of the Handi Vac I bought. It runs off of two AA batteries, can be held with one han, and sucks the air out the bag to help keep food fresh longer. It is so much easier to use than the big food saver, I thought it was the greatest thing I had seem in along, long time.
Ralph
Sandra,
Thanks for stopping by! I have 5 cats indoors. I am a cat lover, too.
Good luck with the opener. It is kind of fun. I suppose the novelty will wear off, though. :(
Ralph,
I think that Handi-Vac looks just like what I need. I have very little freezer space and I hate wasting left overs and freezer burn.
Thanks!
Post a Comment